Appeal following sexual assault at St Albans nightspot
A TEENAGE girl was sexually assaulted in a St Albans nightclub at the weekend.
Police are appealing for information and witnesses following the alleged incident at Batchwood Hall in the early hours of Sunday (December 5).
It is alleged the victim – who was wearing a fancy dress red nurse’s costume – and the male were in a seated area near to a bar in the nightclub when the first assault took place.
A second assault is then believed to have taken place outside at the rear of the nightclub, near to the smoking area.
It is understood that after the second assault the victim, who was in her late teens, asked a man who was stood in the smoking area of the club to let her back inside, which he did.
Detective Constable Tracey Norris said: “We are fully investigating this report and believe there may have been witnesses who could prove useful to our inquiry.
“Did you see any suspicious or concerning behaviour inside the club, particularly in the seated area? Were you the person who let the victim back into the club?”
- 1 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 2 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 6 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 7 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 8 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 9 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 10 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
Anyone with information should call police via the non-emergency number on 0845 33 00 222 or independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A teenager from St Albans was arrested in connection with the incident and has since been released on police bail while enquiries continue.