Appeal following sexual assault at St Albans nightspot
A TEENAGE girl was sexually assaulted in a St Albans nightclub at the weekend.
Police are appealing for information and witnesses following the alleged incident at Batchwood Hall in the early hours of Sunday (December 5).
It is alleged the victim – who was wearing a fancy dress red nurse’s costume – and the male were in a seated area near to a bar in the nightclub when the first assault took place.
A second assault is then believed to have taken place outside at the rear of the nightclub, near to the smoking area.
It is understood that after the second assault the victim, who was in her late teens, asked a man who was stood in the smoking area of the club to let her back inside, which he did.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Tracey Norris said: “We are fully investigating this report and believe there may have been witnesses who could prove useful to our inquiry.
“Did you see any suspicious or concerning behaviour inside the club, particularly in the seated area? Were you the person who let the victim back into the club?”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
Anyone with information should call police via the non-emergency number on 0845 33 00 222 or independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A teenager from St Albans was arrested in connection with the incident and has since been released on police bail while enquiries continue.