Appeal following sexual assault at St Albans nightspot
A TEENAGE girl was sexually assaulted in a St Albans nightclub at the weekend.
Police are appealing for information and witnesses following the alleged incident at Batchwood Hall in the early hours of Sunday (December 5).
It is alleged the victim – who was wearing a fancy dress red nurse’s costume – and the male were in a seated area near to a bar in the nightclub when the first assault took place.
A second assault is then believed to have taken place outside at the rear of the nightclub, near to the smoking area.
It is understood that after the second assault the victim, who was in her late teens, asked a man who was stood in the smoking area of the club to let her back inside, which he did.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Tracey Norris said: “We are fully investigating this report and believe there may have been witnesses who could prove useful to our inquiry.
“Did you see any suspicious or concerning behaviour inside the club, particularly in the seated area? Were you the person who let the victim back into the club?”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Anyone with information should call police via the non-emergency number on 0845 33 00 222 or independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A teenager from St Albans was arrested in connection with the incident and has since been released on police bail while enquiries continue.