Appeal following alleged attempted robbery in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating an incident in St Albans are appealing for information and witnesses.
At around 2.50pm on Monday (25) a woman in her 20s was in London Road near Dominos when a group of men approached her. It’s alleged that money was demanded from her and, when she refused, she was assaulted.
The woman did not sustain any injuries.
DC Paul Cullinan is investigating the incident and said: “This incident occurred during the middle of the day on the bank holiday when it’s likely there were other people around.
“I would like to hear from anyone who saw the incident or the events prior to or after it. Regardless of how insignificant the information you have may seem to be, it may prove very useful to my investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
An 18-year-old man from St Albans has been arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery and released on police bail until June 22.
Anyone with any information in relation to this incident is asked to contact DC Cullinan on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
Alternatively people can contact Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through the secure online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org