Appeal following alleged attempted robbery in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating an incident in St Albans are appealing for information and witnesses.
At around 2.50pm on Monday (25) a woman in her 20s was in London Road near Dominos when a group of men approached her. It’s alleged that money was demanded from her and, when she refused, she was assaulted.
The woman did not sustain any injuries.
DC Paul Cullinan is investigating the incident and said: “This incident occurred during the middle of the day on the bank holiday when it’s likely there were other people around.
“I would like to hear from anyone who saw the incident or the events prior to or after it. Regardless of how insignificant the information you have may seem to be, it may prove very useful to my investigation.”
An 18-year-old man from St Albans has been arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery and released on police bail until June 22.
Anyone with any information in relation to this incident is asked to contact DC Cullinan on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 3 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 4 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 5 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 6 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 7 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 8 Return of Harpenden Carnival promises fun for all the family
- 9 St Albans SustFest events aim to boost local nature
- 10 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
Alternatively people can contact Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through the secure online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org