Appeal following alleged attempted robbery in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating an incident in St Albans are appealing for information and witnesses.
At around 2.50pm on Monday (25) a woman in her 20s was in London Road near Dominos when a group of men approached her. It’s alleged that money was demanded from her and, when she refused, she was assaulted.
The woman did not sustain any injuries.
DC Paul Cullinan is investigating the incident and said: “This incident occurred during the middle of the day on the bank holiday when it’s likely there were other people around.
“I would like to hear from anyone who saw the incident or the events prior to or after it. Regardless of how insignificant the information you have may seem to be, it may prove very useful to my investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
An 18-year-old man from St Albans has been arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery and released on police bail until June 22.
Anyone with any information in relation to this incident is asked to contact DC Cullinan on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 9 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
Alternatively people can contact Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through the secure online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org