Appeal after clothes stolen from St Albans man
A BAG containing jeans and a t-shirt was snatched from a 22-year-old St Albans man earlier this month. The incident happened at around 11am on Friday, July 17, in Oakdene Way, St Albans, when the victim, who was carrying a paper bag, was approached from b
A BAG containing jeans and a t-shirt was snatched from a 22-year-old St Albans man earlier this month.
The incident happened at around 11am on Friday, July 17, in Oakdene Way, St Albans, when the victim, who was carrying a paper bag, was approached from behind by a tall black man aged between 25 and 30.
He grabbed the bag and a struggle ensued between the two which left the victim with minor injuries before his attacker made off with the bag down Oakdene Way and into Ashley Road.
The bag contained Silver Rivet and black Prada jeans and a red Armani-style t-shirt.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect was also described as being of slim build, around 6ft 7in tall and wearing a dark-coloured hoodie, dark trainers, black jeans and a dark beanie hat.
Pc Karen Webb, investigating, said: "The description of the offender is very distinctive because he is so tall so we are appealing for anyone who thinks they might recognise this man to come forward.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 6 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
"Also there was a woman nearby in Longacres Park with a child at the time and I would particularly like to speak to her or anyone else who many have any information.
Anyone who can help should contact her on the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.