Jewellery and antique coins stolen in Wheathampstead burglary
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Jewellery and antique coins have been stolen by burglars in a raid on a Wheathampstead home.
Between 1.15pm and 8.12pm on Tuesday, September 26, burglars smashed in the rear door to a property in Harpenden Road and ripped it apart looking for valuables.
Prior to this, the victims received a caller at the house offering window-cleaning services.
The man was white, 18-20, 5ft 10ins, medium build, with a well-spoken, local accent.
He had short, tidy ginger hair and freckles on his face, and was wearing a black and grey fleck sports top, dark trousers and dark shoes.
You may also want to watch:
DC Tony Kong said: “I am interested in speaking to the caller. If you believe you’ve received a call from this man, please get in touch as you may have information that could assist with the investigation.
“I would remind residents to be aware of cold callers and always ask for ID.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
“Contact the police on the non-emergency number 101 if you have a suspicious caller, and ring 999 if you suspect a crime is in progress.”
Anyone with any information on the burglary should ring 101, quoting reference number F2/17/1827.