Anti-social parking on the rise in Harpenden, police report
- Credit: Archant
Increasing numbers of selfish drivers have been parking anti-socially in Harpenden.
Herts police are cracking down on the issue because they have received multiple complaints from residents around Park Mount, specifically by the Tesco Express.
Cars are driven across, or left with all four wheels on, the pavement near the shop.
PCSO Donna Munn, from the local Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: "We are aware that there have been complaints made regarding anti-social parking in this specific location.
"We will be issuing warnings and monitoring the issue to ensure that pedestrians are safe."
A Section 59 Warning Notice can be issued to drivers and their cars in cases of anti-social parking. This means the vehicle can be seized if the driver reoffends within a year.
Parking on single and double yellow lines is dealt with by St Albans City and District Council. Report it on 01727 845283 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins