Anti-social parking on the rise in Harpenden, police report
- Credit: Archant
Increasing numbers of selfish drivers have been parking anti-socially in Harpenden.
Herts police are cracking down on the issue because they have received multiple complaints from residents around Park Mount, specifically by the Tesco Express.
Cars are driven across, or left with all four wheels on, the pavement near the shop.
PCSO Donna Munn, from the local Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: "We are aware that there have been complaints made regarding anti-social parking in this specific location.
"We will be issuing warnings and monitoring the issue to ensure that pedestrians are safe."
You may also want to watch:
A Section 59 Warning Notice can be issued to drivers and their cars in cases of anti-social parking. This means the vehicle can be seized if the driver reoffends within a year.
Parking on single and double yellow lines is dealt with by St Albans City and District Council. Report it on 01727 845283 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style