Anti-social parking on the rise in Harpenden, police report
- Credit: Archant
Increasing numbers of selfish drivers have been parking anti-socially in Harpenden.
Herts police are cracking down on the issue because they have received multiple complaints from residents around Park Mount, specifically by the Tesco Express.
Cars are driven across, or left with all four wheels on, the pavement near the shop.
PCSO Donna Munn, from the local Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: "We are aware that there have been complaints made regarding anti-social parking in this specific location.
"We will be issuing warnings and monitoring the issue to ensure that pedestrians are safe."
You may also want to watch:
A Section 59 Warning Notice can be issued to drivers and their cars in cases of anti-social parking. This means the vehicle can be seized if the driver reoffends within a year.
Parking on single and double yellow lines is dealt with by St Albans City and District Council. Report it on 01727 845283 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works