Another UFO sighting over Harpenden
UFOs were reportedly seen hovering above Harpenden at the weekend. Robert Thomson, of Roundfield Avenue in Batford, said he saw more than 35 orange orbs in the sky at about 11.15pm on Saturday night. A number of similar sightings in the area recently hav
UFOs were reportedly seen hovering above Harpenden at the weekend.
Robert Thomson, of Roundfield Avenue in Batford, said he saw more than 35 orange orbs in the sky at about 11.15pm on Saturday night.
A number of similar sightings in the area recently have been attributed to burning Chinese lanterns which float into the sky but Mr Thomson insists he saw something very different.
He said: "They were bright diamond-shaped orange orbs with a little red tail at the back. One was in a stationary orbit above Harpenden Common, then more came along and they started weaving in and out of each other.
You may also want to watch:
"At first they were moving like a helicopter in a slow speed, between 250 and 400 feet up. Then they did a 90 degree turn and banked before they shot off at high speed to the right towards the Aldwickbury Park golf course. They moved like a jet fighter on Mach One."
He continued: "With Chinese lanterns you would expect to see a flame inside, which I didn't, and they certainly do not stay in a stationary orbit before taking off like that."
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 8 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
It not the first time Mr Thomson has claimed to have seen such a phenomenon - he spotted something similar hovering over the same area over Christmas 2007.
Unfortunately, the photos that Mr Thomson took on a disposable camera did not come out.
Mr Thomson, a 38-year-old washing machine installer, is sceptical about any alien activity and suspects that the orbs could be the result of some sort of experiment or testing.
He added: "Something needs to be said. Are these foreign government aircraft testing our defences or is it military testing? If it isn't either of those things then we need to know where they are coming from."
Did you see any orange lights above Harpenden on Saturday? If so email our news team on firstname.lastname@example.org