Annual performance of traditonal play back for Boxing Day
- Credit: Archant
A traditional play is set to be performed for its 50th consecutive year on Boxing Day at five different locations.
The St Albans Mummers will showcase the time-honoured masque of St George and the Dragon at various locations in St Albans with its traditional “awful jokes” and look at life, death and resurrection.
The Mummers have been performing the play since 1967 and it has almost stayed the same with a slight change of cast over the years.
Each performance is slightly different as the cast interacts with onlookers and includes topical items.
Their first performance will take place at The Town Hall, in Market Place, at 11.30am followed by The White Hart Hotel at midday and the West End of St Albans Abbey at 1pm. Final performances will take place at The Fighting Cocks, in Abbey Mill Lane at 1.45pm and St Albans Clock Tower at 2.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit: www.stalbansmummers.org.uk
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'