Annual cocktail party celebrates St Albans hospice’s support network
GROVE House supporter and local businessman, John Stocker, hosted his annual cocktail party at the hospice last week.
The occasion provides an opportunity for Grove House to thank supporters and volunteers for all they do to make the hospice the very special place it is.
Over a hundred guests enjoyed drinks and canap�s including the Mayors of St Albans, Cllr Maxine Crawley, and Harpenden, Cllr Daniel Chichester-Miles. During the evening there was the opportunity to tour the building, including the new area housing the expanding Hospice at Home team.
Grove House chief executive, Mark Lister, thanked everyone for their support. He spoke of Grove House as the “little society filled with big hearts.” He explained that for every patient Grove House was able to help there was another needing support and asked supporters to continue to redouble their generous support.
Mark also paid tribute to trustee, Charles Pocock, who will be retiring from the board of trustees next month after nine years of dedicated service to the hospice.
You may also want to watch:
John Stocker who lives in Wheathampstead and has been a patron of Grove House for more than five years, encouraged guests to join the Hospice Lottery and buy Superdraw tickets to help make this year’s draw the most successful ever. John is now acting chairman of the Hospice Lottery Partnership, which has contributed over �125,000 to Grove House and has made a significant difference to the growth of the Hospice at Home service.
For more information about the support Grove House offers to local people with cancer and life threatening illness or to become a patron of the hospice phone 01727 731000 or visit www.grove-house.org.uk
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25