Annual cocktail party celebrates St Albans hospice’s support network
GROVE House supporter and local businessman, John Stocker, hosted his annual cocktail party at the hospice last week.
The occasion provides an opportunity for Grove House to thank supporters and volunteers for all they do to make the hospice the very special place it is.
Over a hundred guests enjoyed drinks and canap�s including the Mayors of St Albans, Cllr Maxine Crawley, and Harpenden, Cllr Daniel Chichester-Miles. During the evening there was the opportunity to tour the building, including the new area housing the expanding Hospice at Home team.
Grove House chief executive, Mark Lister, thanked everyone for their support. He spoke of Grove House as the “little society filled with big hearts.” He explained that for every patient Grove House was able to help there was another needing support and asked supporters to continue to redouble their generous support.
Mark also paid tribute to trustee, Charles Pocock, who will be retiring from the board of trustees next month after nine years of dedicated service to the hospice.
You may also want to watch:
John Stocker who lives in Wheathampstead and has been a patron of Grove House for more than five years, encouraged guests to join the Hospice Lottery and buy Superdraw tickets to help make this year’s draw the most successful ever. John is now acting chairman of the Hospice Lottery Partnership, which has contributed over �125,000 to Grove House and has made a significant difference to the growth of the Hospice at Home service.
For more information about the support Grove House offers to local people with cancer and life threatening illness or to become a patron of the hospice phone 01727 731000 or visit www.grove-house.org.uk
- 1 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 2 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 3 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 4 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 5 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 6 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 7 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 8 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 9 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans
- 10 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London