St Albans MP criticises Thameslink for timetable change delays
- Credit: Archant
St Albans MP Anne Main has criticised Govia Thameslink Railways, which runs services through her constituency, following numerous reports of delays.
Yesterday, Welwyn Hatfield MP Grant Shapps called for Great Northern, which GTR also runs, to be stripped of the franchise after multiple trains in his constituency were cancelled following the introduction of a new timetable on Sunday.
Mrs Main stopped short of calling for something similar for Thameslink, but said: “It is disappointing we have seen passengers impacted by the timetable changes.
“St Albans commuters pay extremely high prices for their rail service and Thameslink had a lot of time to prepare and plan for this change.
“These glitches need to be ironed out and I hope to see the promised improvements in passenger services delivered quickly.”
You may also want to watch:
GTR has apologised to customers who were delayed and has said they can claim compensation through their websites.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Shortages crisis hits district
- 10 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers