Alleged racial assault in Harpenden
A MAN suffered minor injuries following an alleged racially aggravated assault, in Harpenden, on Wednesday (September 21).
The incident happened at about 9.25pm, on the High Street, near the junction with Sun Lane.
Two men were in the Great Wall Chinese restaurant when they were allegedly approached by five Irish men, who attempted to verbally provoke them, making racist comments.
After getting no response, the Irish men are then said to have physically attacked one of the other men, who was black. He suffered minor injuries.
The five men then got into a vehicle and drove off up Sun Lane.
You may also want to watch:
PC Sarah Bunyan, investigating, said: “I would like to appeal to anyone who saw the incident or has any information which can help us identify the offenders.
“The vehicle the offenders made off in is described as a small grey-coloured car and it was parked in a layby, outside the restaurant on the High Street, during the incident. Maybe you recognise this car and can give me further details on it.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
Anyone with information should contact PC Bunyan via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.