Alleged racial assault in Harpenden
A MAN suffered minor injuries following an alleged racially aggravated assault, in Harpenden, on Wednesday (September 21).
The incident happened at about 9.25pm, on the High Street, near the junction with Sun Lane.
Two men were in the Great Wall Chinese restaurant when they were allegedly approached by five Irish men, who attempted to verbally provoke them, making racist comments.
After getting no response, the Irish men are then said to have physically attacked one of the other men, who was black. He suffered minor injuries.
The five men then got into a vehicle and drove off up Sun Lane.
PC Sarah Bunyan, investigating, said: “I would like to appeal to anyone who saw the incident or has any information which can help us identify the offenders.
“The vehicle the offenders made off in is described as a small grey-coloured car and it was parked in a layby, outside the restaurant on the High Street, during the incident. Maybe you recognise this car and can give me further details on it.”
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 4 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 5 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Music line-up confirmed for Pub in the Park 2022 St Albans festival
- 8 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 9 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Who was the witch of St Albans?
Anyone with information should contact PC Bunyan via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.