Alleged racial assault in Harpenden
A MAN suffered minor injuries following an alleged racially aggravated assault, in Harpenden, on Wednesday (September 21).
The incident happened at about 9.25pm, on the High Street, near the junction with Sun Lane.
Two men were in the Great Wall Chinese restaurant when they were allegedly approached by five Irish men, who attempted to verbally provoke them, making racist comments.
After getting no response, the Irish men are then said to have physically attacked one of the other men, who was black. He suffered minor injuries.
The five men then got into a vehicle and drove off up Sun Lane.
You may also want to watch:
PC Sarah Bunyan, investigating, said: “I would like to appeal to anyone who saw the incident or has any information which can help us identify the offenders.
“The vehicle the offenders made off in is described as a small grey-coloured car and it was parked in a layby, outside the restaurant on the High Street, during the incident. Maybe you recognise this car and can give me further details on it.”
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
Anyone with information should contact PC Bunyan via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.