All St Albans is a stage thanks to arts donation
PERFORMANCES in and around the district should soon be enhanced by the addition of a portable stage. A grant of �25,000 has been made from a county council scheme as part of a Recession to Recovery programme. St Albans district Councillor Melvyn Teare,
PERFORMANCES in and around the district should soon be enhanced by the addition of a portable stage.
A grant of �25,000 has been made from a county council scheme as part of a 'Recession to Recovery' programme.
St Albans district Councillor Melvyn Teare, portfolio holder for the arts, said he put in a bid for the award last year after a successful outdoor concert staged outside the Town Hall.
He said: "We hired the stage for the St Albans Festival performances at a cost of around �3,000. It was then I thought how useful it would be to have our own portable stage for the various outdoor events we stage in parks and various venues around the district."
You may also want to watch:
It is not yet clear whether the �25,000 will cover the cost of a stage but it is believed match funding may be available.
The money has come through the Hertfordshire Forward Partnership, which has made more than �400,000 available across the county.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre