All St Albans is a stage thanks to arts donation
PERFORMANCES in and around the district should soon be enhanced by the addition of a portable stage. A grant of �25,000 has been made from a county council scheme as part of a Recession to Recovery programme. St Albans district Councillor Melvyn Teare,
PERFORMANCES in and around the district should soon be enhanced by the addition of a portable stage.
A grant of �25,000 has been made from a county council scheme as part of a 'Recession to Recovery' programme.
St Albans district Councillor Melvyn Teare, portfolio holder for the arts, said he put in a bid for the award last year after a successful outdoor concert staged outside the Town Hall.
He said: "We hired the stage for the St Albans Festival performances at a cost of around �3,000. It was then I thought how useful it would be to have our own portable stage for the various outdoor events we stage in parks and various venues around the district."
You may also want to watch:
It is not yet clear whether the �25,000 will cover the cost of a stage but it is believed match funding may be available.
The money has come through the Hertfordshire Forward Partnership, which has made more than �400,000 available across the county.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to