M1 blocked after car crash
- Credit: Archant
The entire M1 was closed in one direction after a car crash this morning.
The smash was between four cars and a lorry, and all emergency services are at scene.
Fire engines from Hemel Hempstead, St Albans and Harpenden helped to rescue one woman who was trapped in her car.
She was treated by the East of England Ambulance Service at the scene and then taken to Luton and Dunstable Hospital with back pain.
Ambulances dealt with five patients in total.
You may also want to watch:
All four lanes were blocked at junction nine by Redbourn, and a stationary traffic jam built right up to junction 11 by Dunstable south and Luton.
Cars are now able to slowly exit at the junction and so congestion should start to clear.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
Drivers should expect queues of around two hours.
The event is not expected to clear until midday.
For more information, visit www.trafficengland.com