M1 blocked after car crash
- Credit: Archant
The entire M1 was closed in one direction after a car crash this morning.
The smash was between four cars and a lorry, and all emergency services are at scene.
Fire engines from Hemel Hempstead, St Albans and Harpenden helped to rescue one woman who was trapped in her car.
She was treated by the East of England Ambulance Service at the scene and then taken to Luton and Dunstable Hospital with back pain.
Ambulances dealt with five patients in total.
You may also want to watch:
All four lanes were blocked at junction nine by Redbourn, and a stationary traffic jam built right up to junction 11 by Dunstable south and Luton.
Cars are now able to slowly exit at the junction and so congestion should start to clear.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 4 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Drivers should expect queues of around two hours.
The event is not expected to clear until midday.
For more information, visit www.trafficengland.com