Valentine's roses for Harpenden singing talent Alice
- Credit: Archant
A man who sent an elusive Harpenden musician a bunch of roses for Valentine's Day is astonished the singer replied to thank him.
Alice Fredenham burst to fame in 2013 following appearances on reality shows The Voice and Britain's Got Talent, performing a show-stopping version of My Funny Valentine.
She released her debut album ‘Under the Covers’ with Cherry Red Records in 2017, but subsequently vanished from her social media pages and has never released any follow-up material.
Over the years the Herts Ad has been contacted by various people from all over the world, asking for updates since the singer went off the radar, but efforts to contact Alice have proved unsuccessful.
Then fan Tony Douthwaite, who is also a member of the Facebook page 'Where is Alice Fredenham?', made an unexpected breakthrough after sending her flowers for Valentine's Day.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "With Alice singing My Funny Valentine and it being Valentine's Day, it seemed a good idea to make a gesture so the red roses made a point.
"I was stunned when Alice replied, and I'm now hoping for more contact with both me and the Facebook group 'Where is Alice Fredenham?'"
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 6 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure