Alexis Sanchez praised by Chile’s Jorge Sampaoli in London Colney
- Credit: Archant
Chile international striker and Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez was singled out for praise at the Gunners’ training grounds in London Colney late today (Saturday) ahead of tomorrow’s international friendly against Brazil.
Ignoring blustery conditions, and horizontal rain, the Chile national football team seemed very relaxed as they trained a second time at Arsenal’s grounds off Bell Lane.
Media from South America converged upon the training grounds to listen to coach Jorge Sampaoli reflect upon tomorrow’s clash - a sell-out game to be hosted at Emirates Stadium - and the all-important Copa America, from June 11-July 4.
Through an interpreter Sampaoli said he was pleased with the progress made by Sanchez during his first season with Arsenal.
The striker joined the Gunners in July last year.
You may also want to watch:
Sampaoli labelled the star as one of the “very best” footballers in the world and an amazing athlete who could cope with any clash, including Copa America.
He added that Sanchez had experienced a “great” first season with Arsenal so far, and is “one of the top players in the world”.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
Sanchez and Brazil superstar Neymar, meanwhile, have been busy tweeting each other ahead of Sunday’s clash, with fans retweeting in their thousands.
• Brazil v Chile, Emirates Stadium, tomorrow (29) 3pm