Alexis Sanchez praised by Chile’s Jorge Sampaoli in London Colney
- Credit: Archant
Chile international striker and Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez was singled out for praise at the Gunners’ training grounds in London Colney late today (Saturday) ahead of tomorrow’s international friendly against Brazil.
Ignoring blustery conditions, and horizontal rain, the Chile national football team seemed very relaxed as they trained a second time at Arsenal’s grounds off Bell Lane.
Media from South America converged upon the training grounds to listen to coach Jorge Sampaoli reflect upon tomorrow’s clash - a sell-out game to be hosted at Emirates Stadium - and the all-important Copa America, from June 11-July 4.
Through an interpreter Sampaoli said he was pleased with the progress made by Sanchez during his first season with Arsenal.
The striker joined the Gunners in July last year.
You may also want to watch:
Sampaoli labelled the star as one of the “very best” footballers in the world and an amazing athlete who could cope with any clash, including Copa America.
He added that Sanchez had experienced a “great” first season with Arsenal so far, and is “one of the top players in the world”.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
Sanchez and Brazil superstar Neymar, meanwhile, have been busy tweeting each other ahead of Sunday’s clash, with fans retweeting in their thousands.
• Brazil v Chile, Emirates Stadium, tomorrow (29) 3pm