Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- Credit: Daniel Graves
Aldi is looking at a number of locations in Hertfordshire as part of plans to open 100 new stores over the next two years.
The supermarket has pledged to invest £1.3 billion by 2023, as it continues to push ahead with opening an average of one new store a week.
Hertfordshire towns where the supermarket is currently looking for sites include:
- London Colney
- Potters Bar
- St Albans
“We’re continuing to gain even more customers - with over 60 per cent of UK households shopping with Aldi in the last year,” said Richard Thornton, communications director at Aldi UK.
“Our focus is on expanding our store estate, making sure Aldi is accessible to as many of these new shoppers across the country as possible.
“Looking ahead, we are excited to provide millions of new customers with access to Aldi’s award-winning quality and unbeatable value as we create even more places and more ways to shop with us.”
- 1 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 2 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 3 St Albans named among UK's best places for Christmas activities
- 4 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 5 Community design group 'ignored' over Alban Arena redevelopment
- 6 St Albans city centre road closures reduce spaces for Blue Badge holders
- 7 Luton Airport expansion approved despite passionate opposition
- 8 St Albans council urges Hertsmere to rethink plans for Bowmans Cross
- 9 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers