Aldenham millionaire dies in road crash
A MILLIONAIRE property developer from Aldenham has been killed after his car came off the road close to his home and hit a fence.
William Baranos, who lived with his wife and daughter in a wing of Wall Hall Mansion in Aldenham, was driving a Pagani Zonda - described as an Italian supercar - when the accident happened shortly before 6pm on Sunday (19).
Police were called to the junction of Hartspring Lane and Berry Grove Lane where they found the car had left the road and hit metal fencing. No other vehicle was involved.
Mr Baranos, who was in his fifties, was declared dead at the scene but a passenger, a man in his twenties, suffered only minor injuries.
The front end of the car was torn off by the impact of the crash and both doors had come off. Mr Baranos is believed to have been thrown out of the vehicle on impact.
You may also want to watch:
Herts Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision to contact them on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 4 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 5 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 6 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 7 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic
- 8 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 9 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 10 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans