Aldenham millionaire dies in road crash
A MILLIONAIRE property developer from Aldenham has been killed after his car came off the road close to his home and hit a fence.
William Baranos, who lived with his wife and daughter in a wing of Wall Hall Mansion in Aldenham, was driving a Pagani Zonda - described as an Italian supercar - when the accident happened shortly before 6pm on Sunday (19).
Police were called to the junction of Hartspring Lane and Berry Grove Lane where they found the car had left the road and hit metal fencing. No other vehicle was involved.
Mr Baranos, who was in his fifties, was declared dead at the scene but a passenger, a man in his twenties, suffered only minor injuries.
The front end of the car was torn off by the impact of the crash and both doors had come off. Mr Baranos is believed to have been thrown out of the vehicle on impact.
You may also want to watch:
Herts Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision to contact them on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 3 Shortages crisis hits district
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Forging ahead for hospice care
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25