Aldenham millionaire dies in road crash
A MILLIONAIRE property developer from Aldenham has been killed after his car came off the road close to his home and hit a fence.
William Baranos, who lived with his wife and daughter in a wing of Wall Hall Mansion in Aldenham, was driving a Pagani Zonda - described as an Italian supercar - when the accident happened shortly before 6pm on Sunday (19).
Police were called to the junction of Hartspring Lane and Berry Grove Lane where they found the car had left the road and hit metal fencing. No other vehicle was involved.
Mr Baranos, who was in his fifties, was declared dead at the scene but a passenger, a man in his twenties, suffered only minor injuries.
The front end of the car was torn off by the impact of the crash and both doors had come off. Mr Baranos is believed to have been thrown out of the vehicle on impact.
You may also want to watch:
Herts Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision to contact them on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills