Aldenham millionaire dies in road crash
A MILLIONAIRE property developer from Aldenham has been killed after his car came off the road close to his home and hit a fence.
William Baranos, who lived with his wife and daughter in a wing of Wall Hall Mansion in Aldenham, was driving a Pagani Zonda - described as an Italian supercar - when the accident happened shortly before 6pm on Sunday (19).
Police were called to the junction of Hartspring Lane and Berry Grove Lane where they found the car had left the road and hit metal fencing. No other vehicle was involved.
Mr Baranos, who was in his fifties, was declared dead at the scene but a passenger, a man in his twenties, suffered only minor injuries.
The front end of the car was torn off by the impact of the crash and both doors had come off. Mr Baranos is believed to have been thrown out of the vehicle on impact.
Herts Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision to contact them on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme