Airing cupboard fire in Wheathampstead

A FIRE broke out in the airing cupboard of a Wheathampstead house yesterday. Firefighters from the village and St Albans rushed to the scene in Caesars Road at around 1.30pm, and entered the house wearing breathing apparatus to put out the blaze. One pers

A FIRE broke out in the airing cupboard of a Wheathampstead house yesterday.

Firefighters from the village and St Albans rushed to the scene in Caesars Road at around 1.30pm, and entered the house wearing breathing apparatus to put out the blaze.

One person was in the property when the fire broke out but was uninjured.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter