Air ambulance makes emergency landing at Harpenden golf course
- Credit: Photo supplied
THERE was an impressive birdie at a Harpenden golf course yesterday (Wednesday) – in the form of an emergency helicopter.
Crew aboard the Herts Air Ambulance (HAA) became concerned when they thought they could smell smoke and executed an emergency landing between the 10th and 18th fairways at Aldwickbury Park Golf Club, Piggottshill Lane, at about midday.
The police were called in - also by chopper - to ensure the crew were safe and as all was well, they left the grounds about an hour later.
General manager of the golf club Andrew Shewbridge said: “All visitors are welcome at Aldwickbury Park no matter how unexpected, although it’ll take a lot to top this.”
There was no one playing in the vicinity of the helicopter’s landing site at the time of its sudden arrival.
You may also want to watch:
The HAA is a charity providing free life-saving helicopter emergency medical service throughout the county.
For information on how to donate to this vital service go to: www.hertsairambulance.uk.com/how-you-can-help/donate.aspx
- 1 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 2 What to expect with pupils heading back to the classroom
- 3 Residents' misery after disruption on former Butterfly World site
- 4 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 5 Tributes paid following death of 'warm and polite' Redbourn councillor
- 6 Blooming Burnham flower tributes 'spread love not lurgies'
- 7 St Albans' COVID cases decline considerably as roadmap out of lockdown announced
- 8 Harpenden receives high praise from Health Secretary over vaccine
- 9 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 10 Renewed promises made across three generations of Herts guides