Air ambulance makes emergency landing at Harpenden golf course
- Credit: Photo supplied
THERE was an impressive birdie at a Harpenden golf course yesterday (Wednesday) – in the form of an emergency helicopter.
Crew aboard the Herts Air Ambulance (HAA) became concerned when they thought they could smell smoke and executed an emergency landing between the 10th and 18th fairways at Aldwickbury Park Golf Club, Piggottshill Lane, at about midday.
The police were called in - also by chopper - to ensure the crew were safe and as all was well, they left the grounds about an hour later.
General manager of the golf club Andrew Shewbridge said: “All visitors are welcome at Aldwickbury Park no matter how unexpected, although it’ll take a lot to top this.”
There was no one playing in the vicinity of the helicopter’s landing site at the time of its sudden arrival.
You may also want to watch:
The HAA is a charity providing free life-saving helicopter emergency medical service throughout the county.
For information on how to donate to this vital service go to: www.hertsairambulance.uk.com/how-you-can-help/donate.aspx
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 5 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 6 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire