Air ambulance flies woman in her 80s to hospital after collision in Redbourn
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 80s has been flown by air ambulance to the Royal London Hospital after suffering serious injuries in a collision in Redbourn this morning (Monday).
Two roads in the village are still closed – Kinsbourne Green lane by the golf club and Harpenden Lane, along with the Redbourn roundabout, to allow for a police investigation and the recovery of the two vehicles involved.
A spokesman for Herts Police said that the collision occurred on Dunstable Road (A5183), by the junction with Luton Lane, at about 9.43am.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) said that a woman in her 80s suffered serious injuries in the collision, including chest injuries and two broken legs.
The woman was anaesthetised at the scene by medics aboard the Herts air ambulance, and flown to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
You may also want to watch:
There was no further information available.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 6 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 7 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 8 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 9 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 10 Columban Cycling Club take on 'The Italian Job' for Home-Start Herts