Air ambulance flies woman in her 80s to hospital after collision in Redbourn
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 80s has been flown by air ambulance to the Royal London Hospital after suffering serious injuries in a collision in Redbourn this morning (Monday).
Two roads in the village are still closed – Kinsbourne Green lane by the golf club and Harpenden Lane, along with the Redbourn roundabout, to allow for a police investigation and the recovery of the two vehicles involved.
A spokesman for Herts Police said that the collision occurred on Dunstable Road (A5183), by the junction with Luton Lane, at about 9.43am.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) said that a woman in her 80s suffered serious injuries in the collision, including chest injuries and two broken legs.
The woman was anaesthetised at the scene by medics aboard the Herts air ambulance, and flown to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
You may also want to watch:
There was no further information available.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 9 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure