Air ambulance called to St Albans after collision with cyclist
- Credit: Twitter/@Herts_Highways
A cyclist in his 40s was airlifted to hospital with multiple injuries following a collision with a car yesterday afternoon (Thursday) in St Albans.
Emergency services were called to Holywell Hill after an Audi Q7 collided with a cyclist near to the road’s junction with Belmont Hill.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust said paramedics were called to the collision at 3.50pm.
She said that an ambulance, a rapid response vehicle and Essex air ambulance attended and treated a man in his 40s with a serious chest injury, along with neck and back injuries.
He was flown to St George’s Hospital in Tooting for further care.
There were traffic delays on Holywell Hill, which was closed in both directions near Albert Street, due to the collision, but the road was re-opened at about 6pm.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead