Air ambulance called to St Albans after collision with cyclist
- Credit: Twitter/@Herts_Highways
A cyclist in his 40s was airlifted to hospital with multiple injuries following a collision with a car yesterday afternoon (Thursday) in St Albans.
Emergency services were called to Holywell Hill after an Audi Q7 collided with a cyclist near to the road’s junction with Belmont Hill.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust said paramedics were called to the collision at 3.50pm.
She said that an ambulance, a rapid response vehicle and Essex air ambulance attended and treated a man in his 40s with a serious chest injury, along with neck and back injuries.
He was flown to St George’s Hospital in Tooting for further care.
You may also want to watch:
There were traffic delays on Holywell Hill, which was closed in both directions near Albert Street, due to the collision, but the road was re-opened at about 6pm.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues