Air ambulance called to Harpenden after tennis player collapses
- Credit: Photo supplied
A MAN in his 60s has been taken to Watford Hospital after collapsing while playing tennis in Harpenden.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EEAST) said that it had received an emergency call to the Harpenden Lawn Tennis Club, Amenbury Lane, at 2.14pm today (Thursday).
He said that an air ambulance had also been summoned to attend the injured man.
A spokeswoman for the Herts Air Ambulance (HAA) confirmed that an emergency helicopter with two paramedics on board was called to the scene.
A doctor from HAA accompanied the patient by land ambulance to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The man is understood to be in a stable condition.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common