Air ambulance called to crash in Wheathampstead
- Credit: Archant
Two drivers are currently in the care of emergency services following a crash on Lower Luton Road, Wheathampstead.
The road has been closed as a result of the incident which saw police, an air ambulance, land ambulance and a paramedic called to the scene at around 9am today (Monday).
One driver was trapped in his vehicle, but has now been removed, and is suffering from a head injury.
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “His injuries may well be serious”.
The collision is said to have happened near the Cherry Tree Indian Restaurant and emergency services are still on the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Police are in the process of recovering the vehicles - a grey Nissan Micra and black Vauxhall Corsa.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book