Affinity Water apologises to St Albans motorists for Sandpit Lane delays
- Credit: Archant
There have been complaints about lengthy traffic queues and congestion during rush hour in St Albans, after temporary traffic lights were installed to allow work to be carried out in Sandpit Lane, a busy thoroughfare, earlier this week.
Some motorists have reported being stuck in gridlocked traffic, which at times has stretched from the road all the way to Coopers Green Lane, prompting an apology from Affinity Water.
A spokeswoman said: “We apologise for any inconvenience caused by a burst water main along Sandpit Lane.
“Our technicians attended the site on Monday, September 26, and repaired the main. The burst damaged the road and our technicians have been working to reinstate the area.
“This work is continuing and is due to be completed by Friday (30). Barriers will remain in place for the safety of our technicians and motorists until the road surface has set.
“We would like to thank our customers for their patience while we carry out this work.”
A Herts county council spokesman said: “Information about this and other planned works is available on our website at https://hertfordshire.roadworks.org/
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 9 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 10 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
“We would advise motorists to visit this site to help plan their journey and avoid any disruption where possible.”