Affinity Water apologises to St Albans motorists for Sandpit Lane delays
- Credit: Archant
There have been complaints about lengthy traffic queues and congestion during rush hour in St Albans, after temporary traffic lights were installed to allow work to be carried out in Sandpit Lane, a busy thoroughfare, earlier this week.
Some motorists have reported being stuck in gridlocked traffic, which at times has stretched from the road all the way to Coopers Green Lane, prompting an apology from Affinity Water.
A spokeswoman said: “We apologise for any inconvenience caused by a burst water main along Sandpit Lane.
“Our technicians attended the site on Monday, September 26, and repaired the main. The burst damaged the road and our technicians have been working to reinstate the area.
“This work is continuing and is due to be completed by Friday (30). Barriers will remain in place for the safety of our technicians and motorists until the road surface has set.
“We would like to thank our customers for their patience while we carry out this work.”
A Herts county council spokesman said: “Information about this and other planned works is available on our website at https://hertfordshire.roadworks.org/
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 6 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 7 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 8 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 9 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
“We would advise motorists to visit this site to help plan their journey and avoid any disruption where possible.”