St Albans church hosting Christmas advent calendar
- Credit: Peter Crumpler
An advent window display has been turning heads in Fleetville, St Albans.
St Paul’s Church, at the corner of Hatfield and Blandford Roads, is hosting an advent calendar in its foyer windows with contributions from a range of local groups.
Co-ordinator Lucy Ginty explained: “It’s been great to see so many community groups getting involved, with Fleetville School, Rainbows, Brownies and Guides each making a window.
“From St Paul’s, two youth groups, two children’s groups, our ‘tiny tots’ group, our ‘Hearty Hampers’ project, and lots of individuals have used their artistic skills to make eye-catching windows. At this time of year, we want to bring a message of comfort, hope and joy to the community around us.”
The project was launched again this year after positive feedback to a similar display last Christmas . Local people told the church that it had boosted their spirits and they had gone out of their way to see the new window each day.
The display will continue until Christmas, and stay up into the New Year.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time