A world in miniature at St Albans model railway exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Trainspotters young and old were out in their thousands at an annual model railway exhibition last weekend, with a wide variety of models on display for all to see.
The event, organised by the Chiltern Model Railway Association, saw around 3,000 train enthusiasts turn up to the Alban Arena on both Saturday and Sunday.
visitors were entertained with a number of demonstrations and exhibits and were given tips on how to improve their own modelling skills.
A free 64-page colour guide was given out and they had the chance to browse a selection of scales, gauges and prototypes that are new to the area, as well as trade stands and a second hand stall.
Exhibition manager David Crossley said: “It went very well and it was very much appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a lot of young children this year, with a lot being carried so it was nice to see that it appealed to all generations.
“We had quite a few positive responses from people who came along and we hope to build on the event’s success next year, as we always do year to year.”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 10 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
A free vintage bus service, operated by the 712 Preservation Group, ferried guests between the venue and both St Albans stations.
Next year’s exhibition will take place on Saturday, January 16, and Sunday, January 17.
For more information visit www.cmra.org.uk/stalbans.html