A purrfect prize for St Albans cats charity fundraiser
A GENEROUS couple who donated a holiday to Marrakech in a prize draw have helped to raise �800 for a local cat charity.
Mike Wood and Lucie Anderson-Wood donated the holiday in one of the properties from their company Marrakech Riads for a prize draw in aid of the St Albans and District Cats Protection Group.
Mike said: “We are delighted to be able to help this important work. We have made exceptional service a feature of our riads and will ensure that the winner has an amazing break.”
The draw took place at the Black Lion in St Michael’s, St Albans.
Owner Gail Payne said: “I believe it is important to help local organisations and was delighted to host the fundraising committee meetings.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to try and host a fundraising dinner in the spring of 2011.”
The lucky winner will enjoy their break next spring.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
- 10 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant