A purrfect prize for St Albans cats charity fundraiser
A GENEROUS couple who donated a holiday to Marrakech in a prize draw have helped to raise �800 for a local cat charity.
Mike Wood and Lucie Anderson-Wood donated the holiday in one of the properties from their company Marrakech Riads for a prize draw in aid of the St Albans and District Cats Protection Group.
Mike said: “We are delighted to be able to help this important work. We have made exceptional service a feature of our riads and will ensure that the winner has an amazing break.”
The draw took place at the Black Lion in St Michael’s, St Albans.
Owner Gail Payne said: “I believe it is important to help local organisations and was delighted to host the fundraising committee meetings.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to try and host a fundraising dinner in the spring of 2011.”
The lucky winner will enjoy their break next spring.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district