A purrfect prize for St Albans cats charity fundraiser
A GENEROUS couple who donated a holiday to Marrakech in a prize draw have helped to raise �800 for a local cat charity.
Mike Wood and Lucie Anderson-Wood donated the holiday in one of the properties from their company Marrakech Riads for a prize draw in aid of the St Albans and District Cats Protection Group.
Mike said: “We are delighted to be able to help this important work. We have made exceptional service a feature of our riads and will ensure that the winner has an amazing break.”
The draw took place at the Black Lion in St Michael’s, St Albans.
Owner Gail Payne said: “I believe it is important to help local organisations and was delighted to host the fundraising committee meetings.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to try and host a fundraising dinner in the spring of 2011.”
The lucky winner will enjoy their break next spring.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district