Man charged with St Albans burglary
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested and charged in connection with five counts of burglary and one attempted burglary in St Albans, Elstree and Borehamwood.
Jake Lloyd, 28, of Theobald Street in Borehamwood, was charged in connection with a burglary from Watford Road in St Albans, between Saturday, April 21 and Thursday, April 26.
He was also charged with burglaries in Borehamwood; one in Melrose Avenue on Sunday, May 20, one in Furzehill Road on Wednesday, May 16 and one in Well End Road on Saturday, May 12.
He was charged with an attempted burglary in Theobald Street, Borehamwood on Wednesday, May 16, and another burglary in Sullivan Way, Elstree on Monday, April 30.
Lloyd was remanded in custody and appeared at Hatfield Remand Court on Monday, May 21, where he has been remanded in prison until his next court appearance on Friday, June 22.
Hertsmere Chief Insp Steve O’Keeffe said: “Investigating and preventing burglary in the borough is a priority for my officers.
“We know the impact burglary has on victims and will investigate every single report so that where possible offenders can be brought to justice.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 3 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 4 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 5 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 6 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 7 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 8 Rent this maisonette in a listed former pub for £2,100pcm
- 9 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 10 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
“We also work to prevent burglaries and raise awareness of steps the public can take to reduce their chances of becoming a victim. I would encourage people to visit our website www.herts.police.uk for crime prevention advice.”