A charity walk to remember in St Albans
DON T forget to put on your walking boots for a charity walk which is being held this Sunday, September 27. The Memory Walk, organised by the St Albans branch of the Alzheimer s Society, is being held from 11am at Westminster Lodge. It offers two distance
DON'T forget to put on your walking boots for a charity walk which is being held this Sunday, September 27.
The Memory Walk, organised by the St Albans branch of the Alzheimer's Society, is being held from 11am at Westminster Lodge.
It offers two distances to choose from - two miles and half a mile - the former mainly on paths but with some hills and wooded areas and the latter on a path around Verulamium Lake.
Memory walks are being held across the country throughout September and they are the Alzheimer Society's flagship fundraiser. The money raised from the St Albans walk will go directly towards helping local people with dementia and their carers.
You may also want to watch:
The charge to take part is �5 per walker and �10 for a team of four. Further details can be obtained from the St Albans branch in Catherine Street or by calling 01727 855320.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe