A charity walk to remember in St Albans
DON T forget to put on your walking boots for a charity walk which is being held this Sunday, September 27. The Memory Walk, organised by the St Albans branch of the Alzheimer s Society, is being held from 11am at Westminster Lodge. It offers two distance
DON'T forget to put on your walking boots for a charity walk which is being held this Sunday, September 27.
The Memory Walk, organised by the St Albans branch of the Alzheimer's Society, is being held from 11am at Westminster Lodge.
It offers two distances to choose from - two miles and half a mile - the former mainly on paths but with some hills and wooded areas and the latter on a path around Verulamium Lake.
Memory walks are being held across the country throughout September and they are the Alzheimer Society's flagship fundraiser. The money raised from the St Albans walk will go directly towards helping local people with dementia and their carers.
You may also want to watch:
The charge to take part is �5 per walker and �10 for a team of four. Further details can be obtained from the St Albans branch in Catherine Street or by calling 01727 855320.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier