A charity walk to remember in St Albans
DON T forget to put on your walking boots for a charity walk which is being held this Sunday, September 27. The Memory Walk, organised by the St Albans branch of the Alzheimer s Society, is being held from 11am at Westminster Lodge. It offers two distance
DON'T forget to put on your walking boots for a charity walk which is being held this Sunday, September 27.
The Memory Walk, organised by the St Albans branch of the Alzheimer's Society, is being held from 11am at Westminster Lodge.
It offers two distances to choose from - two miles and half a mile - the former mainly on paths but with some hills and wooded areas and the latter on a path around Verulamium Lake.
Memory walks are being held across the country throughout September and they are the Alzheimer Society's flagship fundraiser. The money raised from the St Albans walk will go directly towards helping local people with dementia and their carers.
You may also want to watch:
The charge to take part is �5 per walker and �10 for a team of four. Further details can be obtained from the St Albans branch in Catherine Street or by calling 01727 855320.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre