27 redundancies at St Albans office of engineering group
ONE of the district s biggest employers, the consultant engineering group Faber Maunsell, has made 27 employees redundant at its St Albans office. The Upper Marlborough Road firm had made some redundancies in their buildings and transportation divisions and a compan
ONE of the district's biggest employers, the consultant engineering group Faber Maunsell, has made 27 employees redundant at its St Albans office.
The Upper Marlborough Road firm had made some redundancies in their buildings and transportation divisions and a company spokesperson said: "At that time it was hoped that this would bring our resources into balance with our projected workload.
"Unfortunately, the continuing deterioration in economic conditions, particularly in the private-sector buildings market, has meant that the company has had to embark on a further round of redundancies affecting buildings staff in London, St Albans and Cambridge."
This latest round of redundancies brings the total number of job losses in the company to 119.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesperson would not say which departments at the St Albans office would be affected by the losses.
But he added: "As part of the worldwide AECOM group, Faber Maunsell has been able to mitigate the full impact of the economic downturn in the UK by offering employees work in other countries or by transferring work from other AECOM businesses into the UK.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 6 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 7 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 8 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared