24 hour hairdressing marathon
A 24-HOUR hairdressing marathon is being organised by a salon in Bricket Wood and it’s inviting people to make an appointment.
From 8am on Saturday, April 2, Lexxie’s Salon on Oakwood Road will be snipping away in the name of charity to raise cash for the Keech Cottage Hospice. Staff will be working for free on the day, donating their wages to the charity and all customers will be asked to make a minimum donation of �5. The appointments are for cut and blow dry only.
Sisters and owners of the salon, Leigh Burton and Vicci McCoole, decided to host the event after listening to the Have a Heart campaign on Heart FM.
Head stylist, Leigh said: “We just really wanted to raise money for Keech Cottage Hospice because as mothers we were really touched by the moving stories and the work that they carry out, not only for the patients but also their families at such difficult times.”
During the event, the salon will also hold a raffle with prizes donated by other local businesses and clients of the salon. Tickets are available now.
You may also want to watch:
To book an appointment at any time during the 24 hour marathon session, call the salon on 01923 674497.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant