24 hour hairdressing marathon
A 24-HOUR hairdressing marathon is being organised by a salon in Bricket Wood and it’s inviting people to make an appointment.
From 8am on Saturday, April 2, Lexxie’s Salon on Oakwood Road will be snipping away in the name of charity to raise cash for the Keech Cottage Hospice. Staff will be working for free on the day, donating their wages to the charity and all customers will be asked to make a minimum donation of �5. The appointments are for cut and blow dry only.
Sisters and owners of the salon, Leigh Burton and Vicci McCoole, decided to host the event after listening to the Have a Heart campaign on Heart FM.
Head stylist, Leigh said: “We just really wanted to raise money for Keech Cottage Hospice because as mothers we were really touched by the moving stories and the work that they carry out, not only for the patients but also their families at such difficult times.”
During the event, the salon will also hold a raffle with prizes donated by other local businesses and clients of the salon. Tickets are available now.
You may also want to watch:
To book an appointment at any time during the 24 hour marathon session, call the salon on 01923 674497.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind