14 year old boy sentenced for rape in St Albans
A 14 year old boy was sentenced to 30 months imprisonment on Friday for the rape of a woman in St Albans.
The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was 13 at the time of the offence which happened on December 5 2010, at Batchwood nightclub.
The court heard how the offender attacked the victim, once inside the club and once outside.
Det Insp Steve Keating, from the Sexual Offences Investigation Unit, said: “Firstly I would like to commend the bravery of the victim for reporting the attacks and allowing us to bring this boy to justice.
“The offender targeted a vulnerable woman who had been separated from her friends and subjected her to a horrendous and terrifying ordeal.
“Crimes of this nature can have a lasting and detrimental effect on victims in so many ways. We understand if you have been subject to this type of crime it is not always easy to contact police. I hope that this sentence shows that we are committed to fully investigating crimes and bringing offenders to justice.”
The boy was issued with a Sex Offenders Prevention Order and instructed to sign the sex offenders register.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt