14 year old boy sentenced for rape in St Albans
A 14 year old boy was sentenced to 30 months imprisonment on Friday for the rape of a woman in St Albans.
The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was 13 at the time of the offence which happened on December 5 2010, at Batchwood nightclub.
The court heard how the offender attacked the victim, once inside the club and once outside.
Det Insp Steve Keating, from the Sexual Offences Investigation Unit, said: “Firstly I would like to commend the bravery of the victim for reporting the attacks and allowing us to bring this boy to justice.
“The offender targeted a vulnerable woman who had been separated from her friends and subjected her to a horrendous and terrifying ordeal.
You may also want to watch:
“Crimes of this nature can have a lasting and detrimental effect on victims in so many ways. We understand if you have been subject to this type of crime it is not always easy to contact police. I hope that this sentence shows that we are committed to fully investigating crimes and bringing offenders to justice.”
The boy was issued with a Sex Offenders Prevention Order and instructed to sign the sex offenders register.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack