14 year old boy sentenced for rape in St Albans
A 14 year old boy was sentenced to 30 months imprisonment on Friday for the rape of a woman in St Albans.
The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was 13 at the time of the offence which happened on December 5 2010, at Batchwood nightclub.
The court heard how the offender attacked the victim, once inside the club and once outside.
Det Insp Steve Keating, from the Sexual Offences Investigation Unit, said: “Firstly I would like to commend the bravery of the victim for reporting the attacks and allowing us to bring this boy to justice.
“The offender targeted a vulnerable woman who had been separated from her friends and subjected her to a horrendous and terrifying ordeal.
You may also want to watch:
“Crimes of this nature can have a lasting and detrimental effect on victims in so many ways. We understand if you have been subject to this type of crime it is not always easy to contact police. I hope that this sentence shows that we are committed to fully investigating crimes and bringing offenders to justice.”
The boy was issued with a Sex Offenders Prevention Order and instructed to sign the sex offenders register.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden