Music in Bloom Flower Festival at St Albans Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
History and floral art come together at workshops being held by St Albans Cathedral as part of the Music in Bloom Flower Festival.
St Albans Flower School is running the workshops where participants can learn to make an original design, full of vintage roses and late summer blooms, in the historic Victorian Deanery.
The workshops are under the guidance of Anita Linderman, founder of the St Albans Flower School and cost £20 for a one-hour class which includes taking home a vintage cupcake design.
Anita said: ‘The Music in Bloom Flower Festival will create a fantastic backdrop to inspire everyone attending my classes. My aim is to encourage everyone to create designs which they never dreamt they could.”
Workshops are available at 10am, 11am and 1.30pm next Thursday, September 25, and Saturday, September 27, and at 10am, 11am, 1.30pm and 3pm next Friday, September 26.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available from the flower festival box office on 01727 890290, online at www.stalbanscathedral.org/whatson or in person from the Cathedral gift shop.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 3 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 10 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common