Music in Bloom Flower Festival at St Albans Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
History and floral art come together at workshops being held by St Albans Cathedral as part of the Music in Bloom Flower Festival.
St Albans Flower School is running the workshops where participants can learn to make an original design, full of vintage roses and late summer blooms, in the historic Victorian Deanery.
The workshops are under the guidance of Anita Linderman, founder of the St Albans Flower School and cost £20 for a one-hour class which includes taking home a vintage cupcake design.
Anita said: ‘The Music in Bloom Flower Festival will create a fantastic backdrop to inspire everyone attending my classes. My aim is to encourage everyone to create designs which they never dreamt they could.”
Workshops are available at 10am, 11am and 1.30pm next Thursday, September 25, and Saturday, September 27, and at 10am, 11am, 1.30pm and 3pm next Friday, September 26.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available from the flower festival box office on 01727 890290, online at www.stalbanscathedral.org/whatson or in person from the Cathedral gift shop.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 4 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 5 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 6 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 10 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?