SIR — Thank God, someone else also has a colony of wriggling beasts outside their window. Is this a health hazard? I have heard that there is a new career called bin cleaner , about �3.50 per bin. If so, can he please call in the Chiswell Green area. MOI
SIR - Thank God, someone else also has a colony of wriggling beasts outside their window. Is this a health hazard?
I have heard that there is a new career called 'bin cleaner', about �3.50 per bin. If so, can he please call in the Chiswell Green area.
Penman Close, St Albans
SIR - Mr David Gould asks (Herts Advertiser, September 24) how to rid his green recycling bins of maggots.
If he phones Client Services on 01727 819285 they can give him the name and telephone number of a wheelie bin cleaning service who, I'm sure, will be glad to clean and disinfectant his green recycling and his black bin as well.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 4 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 7 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 9 Breakaway Theatre Company returns with an enjoyable day at the races in Ladies' Day
- 10 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
I'm surprised he has maggots in his green bin; many people get them in the black bin.
I still use dustbin liners for my household rubbish and put all my pedal bin bags into there and when full sellotape the top securely before putting it into the bin.
So far I've not been troubled with maggots.
I've also kept my dustbins and only use the wheelie bin on the day when they are to be collected.
Long Buftlers, Harpenden