SIR — Thank God, someone else also has a colony of wriggling beasts outside their window. Is this a health hazard? I have heard that there is a new career called bin cleaner , about �3.50 per bin. If so, can he please call in the Chiswell Green area. MOI
SIR - Thank God, someone else also has a colony of wriggling beasts outside their window. Is this a health hazard?
I have heard that there is a new career called 'bin cleaner', about �3.50 per bin. If so, can he please call in the Chiswell Green area.
Penman Close, St Albans
You may also want to watch:
SIR - Mr David Gould asks (Herts Advertiser, September 24) how to rid his green recycling bins of maggots.
If he phones Client Services on 01727 819285 they can give him the name and telephone number of a wheelie bin cleaning service who, I'm sure, will be glad to clean and disinfectant his green recycling and his black bin as well.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
I'm surprised he has maggots in his green bin; many people get them in the black bin.
I still use dustbin liners for my household rubbish and put all my pedal bin bags into there and when full sellotape the top securely before putting it into the bin.
So far I've not been troubled with maggots.
I've also kept my dustbins and only use the wheelie bin on the day when they are to be collected.
Long Buftlers, Harpenden