Win tickets to the Living Crafts Show at Hatfield House
Moore at Living Crafts in May 2011
Living Crafts will be held at Hatfield House, Hertfordshire from Thursday 5th – Sunday 8th May. This vibrant and inspiring show attracts thousands of visitors each day and aims to promote the very best of British professional craftsmanship with exhibitors coming from across the U.K.
Living Crafts is the premier craft event in Europe with an enviable reputation for the extensive range and high quality of design in both contemporary and traditional crafts. The unique skills of our British designer-makers are celebrated, from innovative new designs and techniques to heritage skills in rural traditional crafts.
This year, to celebrate its 400th anniversary, Hatfield House will be hosting a major exhibition by Henry Moore ‘Moore at Hatfield’. Fourteen stunning sculptures will be enjoyed in their formal and woodland settings and will be the first solo exhibition of Moore’s work in the grounds of a historic house. Sculptors exhibiting at Living Crafts will display their beautiful sculptures in a Sculpture Trail featuring bronze, wood and clay and contemporary stainless steel and wire. Visitors will be able to watch sculpting demonstrations and be inspired to have a go themselves.
As a lively show with a great creative atmosphere there are jazz and brass bands, traditional dancing and children’s storytelling adding to your enjoyment. Lectures, demonstrations and workshops are a key feature very popular with our visitors, along with a huge variety of outdoor large scale demonstrations – thatching, stickdressing, raku firing, pot throwing, basketmaking, artist blacksmithing, quilting, patchwork and lacemaking, to name just a few.
You may also want to watch:
For your chance to win one of 5 pairs of tickets to this year’s Living Crafts at Hatfield House, just answer this question by clicking on the link in the top right hand corner:
Which anniversary is Hatfield House celebrating in 2011?
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 9 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 10 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
The competition closes on May 2. The winners will be chosen at random from all the correct entries received before this date. The editor’s decision is final. No cash alternative is available and no correspondence will be entered into.