Win tickets to Battle Proms classical concert
BATTLE Proms returns to the grounds of Hatfield House later this month – and the Herts Advertiser has a superb competition for lovers of classical music.
Thousands of people are expected to attend the concert and fireworks in Hatfield Park on Saturday, July 21.
There will be a full two-hour programme of exquisite classical music performed by the renowned New English Concert Orchestra, plus all of the Last Night of the Proms favourites performed by soprano Denise Leigh.
Audiences will also be treated to an aerial display from a World War Two Spitfire, more than 200 live cannons, mounted Napoleonic skill-at-arms displays and fireworks to music.
The programme this year will also include an exciting addition in the form of the Blades Aerobatic Display Team – a leading group of former Red Arrows pilots renowned worldwide for flying precision aerobatics to the highest level.
You may also want to watch:
The Herts Advertiser has teamed up with Battle Proms organisers to offer readers the chance to win tickets to the picnic proms.
Our lucky winner will receive four tickets to attend the concert with their family and friends, plus each party member will receive a complimentary programme and flag to wave during the sing-along finale.
- 1 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 'Life-changing and life-enhancing' - St Albans woman reveals impact of Duke of Edinburgh award
- 4 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 5 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 6 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire town of Bishop's Stortford
- 8 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
Adult tickets cost �33, rising to �38 on the gate, and can be bought in advance from www.battleproms.com – click on the link above right.
But to be in with a chance of winning four tickets, simply answer the following question:
Which aerobatics display team will be appearing in the skies above Battle Proms?
A) Red Arrows;
B) The Blades;
C) The Spitfires.
To enter, text HA PROMS followed by your answer, name, address and postcode to 80058, e.g. HA PROMS A John Smith, 31a St Peter’s Street, St Albans, AL1 1TO.
Texts cost 50p plus your standard network rate.
* Terms and conditions: The competition closes at noon on Wednesday, July 12, 2012.
There is one prize of four tickets.
The winner will be the first correct entry selected at random after the closing date.
Usual Archant promotion rules apply.
Visit www.hertsad.co.uk for details or call customer services on 0207 633 5020.