Win tickets to Battle Proms classical concert
BATTLE Proms returns to the grounds of Hatfield House later this month – and the Herts Advertiser has a superb competition for lovers of classical music.
Thousands of people are expected to attend the concert and fireworks in Hatfield Park on Saturday, July 21.
There will be a full two-hour programme of exquisite classical music performed by the renowned New English Concert Orchestra, plus all of the Last Night of the Proms favourites performed by soprano Denise Leigh.
Audiences will also be treated to an aerial display from a World War Two Spitfire, more than 200 live cannons, mounted Napoleonic skill-at-arms displays and fireworks to music.
The programme this year will also include an exciting addition in the form of the Blades Aerobatic Display Team – a leading group of former Red Arrows pilots renowned worldwide for flying precision aerobatics to the highest level.
You may also want to watch:
The Herts Advertiser has teamed up with Battle Proms organisers to offer readers the chance to win tickets to the picnic proms.
Our lucky winner will receive four tickets to attend the concert with their family and friends, plus each party member will receive a complimentary programme and flag to wave during the sing-along finale.
- 1 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 2 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 3 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 4 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 5 Restaurant delivers food to households self-isolating due to Covid
- 6 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data
- 7 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 8 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 9 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 10 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
Adult tickets cost �33, rising to �38 on the gate, and can be bought in advance from www.battleproms.com – click on the link above right.
But to be in with a chance of winning four tickets, simply answer the following question:
Which aerobatics display team will be appearing in the skies above Battle Proms?
A) Red Arrows;
B) The Blades;
C) The Spitfires.
To enter, text HA PROMS followed by your answer, name, address and postcode to 80058, e.g. HA PROMS A John Smith, 31a St Peter’s Street, St Albans, AL1 1TO.
Texts cost 50p plus your standard network rate.
* Terms and conditions: The competition closes at noon on Wednesday, July 12, 2012.
There is one prize of four tickets.
The winner will be the first correct entry selected at random after the closing date.
Usual Archant promotion rules apply.
Visit www.hertsad.co.uk for details or call customer services on 0207 633 5020.