Win tickets to Battle Proms classical concert
BATTLE Proms returns to the grounds of Hatfield House later this month – and the Herts Advertiser has a superb competition for lovers of classical music.
Thousands of people are expected to attend the concert and fireworks in Hatfield Park on Saturday, July 21.
There will be a full two-hour programme of exquisite classical music performed by the renowned New English Concert Orchestra, plus all of the Last Night of the Proms favourites performed by soprano Denise Leigh.
Audiences will also be treated to an aerial display from a World War Two Spitfire, more than 200 live cannons, mounted Napoleonic skill-at-arms displays and fireworks to music.
The programme this year will also include an exciting addition in the form of the Blades Aerobatic Display Team – a leading group of former Red Arrows pilots renowned worldwide for flying precision aerobatics to the highest level.
The Herts Advertiser has teamed up with Battle Proms organisers to offer readers the chance to win tickets to the picnic proms.
Our lucky winner will receive four tickets to attend the concert with their family and friends, plus each party member will receive a complimentary programme and flag to wave during the sing-along finale.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 5 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 6 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 7 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 8 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 9 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 10 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
Adult tickets cost �33, rising to �38 on the gate, and can be bought in advance from www.battleproms.com – click on the link above right.
But to be in with a chance of winning four tickets, simply answer the following question:
Which aerobatics display team will be appearing in the skies above Battle Proms?
A) Red Arrows;
B) The Blades;
C) The Spitfires.
To enter, text HA PROMS followed by your answer, name, address and postcode to 80058, e.g. HA PROMS A John Smith, 31a St Peter’s Street, St Albans, AL1 1TO.
Texts cost 50p plus your standard network rate.
* Terms and conditions: The competition closes at noon on Wednesday, July 12, 2012.
There is one prize of four tickets.
The winner will be the first correct entry selected at random after the closing date.
Usual Archant promotion rules apply.
Visit www.hertsad.co.uk for details or call customer services on 0207 633 5020.