Win a place for your child on a camping adventure
- Credit: Archant
The Herts Advertiser has teamed up with leading children’s activity provider Wildchild to offer readers the chance to win a free place on their Wild Summer Residential Camp – a two day kids’ outdoor activity / camping adventure in Hertfordshire.
Open to children aged 8-12, Camp Wildchild takes place on August 4 and 5 2015 in Phasel’s Wood, near Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire. Set in scenic woodland the two day adventure offers children the opportunity to take part in a range of exciting outdoor activities including:
* Bushcraft survival skills – den building, fire lighting, navigating and water filtration;
* Outdoor adventure activities – eg. climbing, abseiling, archery, and tobogganing;
* Overnight stay on bunk beds in cool, comfortable canvas bell tents;
You may also want to watch:
* Freshly prepared meals;
* The opportunity to explore the natural woodland setting, enjoying teambuilding games and activities;
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 6 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
- 9 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 10 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
* Evening activity programme including camp fire games and marshmallow toasting;
* Experienced, DBS checked leaders who will run the activities and take responsibility for children throughout their stay.
The camp begins at 9am on Tuesday August 4, with pick up at 4.30pm on Wednesday August 5. No previous experience is necessary, and all equipment including tents and safety equipment along with a kit list and information pack will be provided, and the winner will need to complete a booking form providing personal, medical and dietary information.
Wildchild activity programmes are designed to ensure all children taking part, whether first time or seasoned campers, have the opportunity to try something new, make new friends and most importantly rediscover the joy of the great outdoors!
To be in with a chance of winning this unique prize please answer the following simple question:
What sort of tents will children at Camp Wildchild children be staying in?
To enter, text HA WILDCHILD followed by your answer (A, B or C), name, age, full postal address and email to 80058. Texts cost 50p plus your standard network rate.
The winner will be the first correct entry selected at random after the closing date of 12 noon on June 12.
This prize is non-transferable, cannot be exchanged and no cash alternative will be offered. The editor’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Usual Archant competition rules apply, see page 2 for details.
Prize must be taken on the scheduled camp dates – August 4 and 52015. Prize is for one child aged 8-12 and includes two activity days, one night overnight camp accommodation, meals (apart from packed lunch on Day 1) and equipment as stated above. All other expenses and required kit are the responsibility of the winner.
There can only be one winner, however all unsuccessful competition entries will receive a voucher for 10 per cent off the Wild Summer Residential Camp. Wildchild is a leading children’s activities provider based in St Albans specialising in providing innovative and adventurous birthday parties, holiday activities and schools activity programmes throughout Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Greater London. For more information visit www.wildchildactivities.com or call 0845 3717099.