Can you help Willows Activity Farm name their new baby alpaca?
- Credit: Archant
A London Colney farm is calling for help from the public to name their latest - and very special - animal arrival.
Willows Activity Farm welcomed a little male Cria - or baby alpaca - during the second lockdown, and are overjoyed with their new addition.
The farm shared a picture of the currently unnamed Cria on Facebook, saying: “We are so in love with him and can’t wait for you all to see him once we are open again.”
The baby was born to parents Coco and Casper on November 14.
Suggestions for what to name him have been flooding in on social media. A winner will be announced by the livestock team at the farm on December 14, and will receive a Peter Rabbit plush toy.
You may also want to watch:
Lyssa Elster, chief executive of Willows Activity Farm, said: “The arrival of little ones is always a joy and everyone at Willows loves a new baby animal.
“During these challenging times it is so lovely to have something that makes everyone smile and we’re delighted that we can open again from December 2 and share all our animals, including our little Cria, with our visitors.”
To enter Willows’ naming competition, click here.
- 1 St Albans' COVID cases continue to decline as UK surpasses "grim" milestone
- 2 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 3 The Snow Must Go On: More pics of St Albans in the snow
- 4 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 5 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 7 Bishop wages war on sports gambling
- 8 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 9 Claw enforcement: How to stop your cat scratching furniture and leaving fur everywhere
- 10 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre