Whom to blame
SIR, —I write regarding Mr James Craigen s letter (Herts Advertiser, April 24) concerning yet more housing development in the St Albans district. I understand and share Mr Craigen s anger. However, I know from recent bitter experience that Mr Craigen is
SIR, -I write regarding Mr James Craigen's letter (Herts Advertiser, April 24) concerning yet more housing development in the St Albans district.
I understand and share Mr Craigen's anger. However, I know from recent bitter experience that Mr Craigen is pointing the finger of blame in the wrong direction.
St Albans District Council's planning committees frequently and regularly reject inappropriate developments, but these decisions are constantly and consistently overruled by central government planning inspectors - against whom there is no appeal except the arcane and very expensive process of judicial review.
If Mr Craigen wishes his anger to be directed appropriately, he would be well advised to write to Prime Minister Gordon Brown.
You may also want to watch:
Archers Fields, St Albans.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk