SIR, — We often hear about poor public and professional behaviour. I would like readers to know of my opposite recent experience. Walking along the pavement I became giddy and collapsed. The next thing I knew was that a car had stopped beside me. The driv
SIR, - We often hear about poor public and professional behaviour. I would like readers to know of my opposite recent experience.
Walking along the pavement I became giddy and collapsed. The next thing I knew was that a car had stopped beside me. The driver, a young man by my standards, and a young lady walking to work were helping me to sit up. He insisted on calling for an ambulance, which came very quickly and just after a neighbour had spotted me and set off to tell my daughter. My son-in-law appeared at almost the same moment and was able to phone my daughter.
I was helped into the ambulance and carefully checked in a very friendly and reassuring way. It was decided to take me to Watford General Hospital. I was there quickly put into a bed and moved into a ward for further checks, again all cheerfully done with explanations. It was decided that I needed a pacemaker which was implanted the next morning, yet again by friendly people at each stage explaining what was happening. My daughter was able to drive me home that evening.
I am very grateful to those who helped me, the kind members of the public and the professionals, ambulance and hospital.
You may also want to watch:
St Michaels Street,
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire