SIR, — Surprise, surprise, the new St Pancras Station has only been open a few weeks and we already have a sad commuter organising a petition to reopen the old Thameslink station (Herts Advertiser letters, December 20). We are lucky to have a fantastic in
SIR, - Surprise, surprise, the new St Pancras Station has only been open a few weeks and we already have a sad commuter organising a petition to reopen the old Thameslink station (Herts Advertiser letters, December 20).
We are lucky to have a fantastic international station on our doorstep allowing us to reach European capitals in comfort and at rapid speed, yet all he does is whinge about the distance he has to walk to the underground.
Did he expect the tube tunnels to be moved closer to St Pancras and does he really want to enjoy the crush again on the old Thameslink station?
Enjoy the new facilities and think of those calories you are burning off as you head for the Underground. If after all this you have any surplus energy left, please don't waste it on meaningless petitions. I am sure there are a lot more deserving causes that will require attention in 2008.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 5 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 6 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 7 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
Granby Avenue, Harpenden.