SIR, — Surprise, surprise, the new St Pancras Station has only been open a few weeks and we already have a sad commuter organising a petition to reopen the old Thameslink station (Herts Advertiser letters, December 20). We are lucky to have a fantastic in
SIR, - Surprise, surprise, the new St Pancras Station has only been open a few weeks and we already have a sad commuter organising a petition to reopen the old Thameslink station (Herts Advertiser letters, December 20).
We are lucky to have a fantastic international station on our doorstep allowing us to reach European capitals in comfort and at rapid speed, yet all he does is whinge about the distance he has to walk to the underground.
Did he expect the tube tunnels to be moved closer to St Pancras and does he really want to enjoy the crush again on the old Thameslink station?
Enjoy the new facilities and think of those calories you are burning off as you head for the Underground. If after all this you have any surplus energy left, please don't waste it on meaningless petitions. I am sure there are a lot more deserving causes that will require attention in 2008.
- 1 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 2 In pictures: Harpenden Christmas Carnival makes long-awaited return
- 3 Property Spotlight: See inside this stunning £2.1m period home in St Albans
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Sing out for Christmas with Clarence Park carol service
- 8 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 9 Museum lit in orange to highlight gender-based violence
- 10 Saints happy to escape Kent with a point after poor showing at Tonbridge
Granby Avenue, Harpenden.