SIR, — What evidence does Mr Peter Willsohn have to justify his comments about the proposed closure of the post office in Station Road North, and his comments that many Harpenden and Batford locals do not even know of the existence of this obscure post o
SIR, - What evidence does Mr Peter Willsohn have to justify his comments about the proposed closure of the post office in Station Road North, and his comments that "many Harpenden and Batford locals do not even know of the existence of this obscure post office"?
Maybe not where he lives but rest assured, those who live in the vicinity of this well-known and well-used post office value it a great deal. His dismissive comment that the main post office is only a few hundred yards further up the road will be of no comfort to those with little or no access to transport.
Mr Willsohn may well get his wish to see this merited post office closed but I'm sure it won't be without a fight.
You may also want to watch:
Cross Way, Harpenden.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 4 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 8 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward