SIR, — What evidence does Mr Peter Willsohn have to justify his comments about the proposed closure of the post office in Station Road North, and his comments that many Harpenden and Batford locals do not even know of the existence of this obscure post o
SIR, - What evidence does Mr Peter Willsohn have to justify his comments about the proposed closure of the post office in Station Road North, and his comments that "many Harpenden and Batford locals do not even know of the existence of this obscure post office"?
Maybe not where he lives but rest assured, those who live in the vicinity of this well-known and well-used post office value it a great deal. His dismissive comment that the main post office is only a few hundred yards further up the road will be of no comfort to those with little or no access to transport.
Mr Willsohn may well get his wish to see this merited post office closed but I'm sure it won't be without a fight.
You may also want to watch:
Cross Way, Harpenden.
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 5 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 6 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 9 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident
- 10 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines