SIR, — What evidence does Mr Peter Willsohn have to justify his comments about the proposed closure of the post office in Station Road North, and his comments that many Harpenden and Batford locals do not even know of the existence of this obscure post o
SIR, - What evidence does Mr Peter Willsohn have to justify his comments about the proposed closure of the post office in Station Road North, and his comments that "many Harpenden and Batford locals do not even know of the existence of this obscure post office"?
Maybe not where he lives but rest assured, those who live in the vicinity of this well-known and well-used post office value it a great deal. His dismissive comment that the main post office is only a few hundred yards further up the road will be of no comfort to those with little or no access to transport.
Mr Willsohn may well get his wish to see this merited post office closed but I'm sure it won't be without a fight.
You may also want to watch:
Cross Way, Harpenden.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?