Wash and go
SIR, — Following our catch-me-if-you-can green waste collection, attached to our green bin was a notice offering to wash it out regularly for £3.50. I don t know if this enterprising person is connected with the district council, but full marks for effo
SIR, - Following our "catch-me-if-you-can" green waste collection, attached to our green bin was a notice offering to wash it out regularly for £3.50.
I don't know if this enterprising person is connected with the district council, but full marks for effort.
With the arrival of the maggots, rubbish collection will have come full circle from the 1960s when maggots were a fact of life. We washed the bin out ourselves, but put up with it because we weren't paying exorbitant council tax.
So that's progress St Albans style!
You may also want to watch:
Rowlatt Drive, St Albans.
- 1 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 2 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 3 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 4 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 5 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 6 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 7 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 St Albans-based pharmacy association celebrates centenary
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area