Wash and go
SIR, — Following our catch-me-if-you-can green waste collection, attached to our green bin was a notice offering to wash it out regularly for £3.50. I don t know if this enterprising person is connected with the district council, but full marks for effo
SIR, - Following our "catch-me-if-you-can" green waste collection, attached to our green bin was a notice offering to wash it out regularly for £3.50.
I don't know if this enterprising person is connected with the district council, but full marks for effort.
With the arrival of the maggots, rubbish collection will have come full circle from the 1960s when maggots were a fact of life. We washed the bin out ourselves, but put up with it because we weren't paying exorbitant council tax.
So that's progress St Albans style!
You may also want to watch:
Rowlatt Drive, St Albans.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street