Valued by all
SIR, — I write in response to last week s comments from Peter Willsohn who believes that the obscure post office at Station Road North should be closed. He is ill-qualified to offer an opinion as, within Harpenden, he lives about as far from this post
SIR, - I write in response to last week's comments from Peter Willsohn who believes that the "obscure post office" at Station Road North should be closed. He is ill-qualified to offer an opinion as, within Harpenden, he lives about as far from this post office as it is possible to get.
Far from being obscure, this office is the oldest in the town; it is valued by all residents in East Harpenden and Batford and does a considerable volume of business. Closure would be to the disadvantage of everyone in this part of the town, especially elderly people and those dependent upon hourly bus services. The main post office in Station Road is over a mile from Batford centre.
The support of all local politicians in opposing the closure of the office at Station Road North is welcome.
DR DAVID AYRES,
You may also want to watch:
Batford Road, Harpenden.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash