Valued by all
SIR, — I write in response to last week s comments from Peter Willsohn who believes that the obscure post office at Station Road North should be closed. He is ill-qualified to offer an opinion as, within Harpenden, he lives about as far from this post
SIR, - I write in response to last week's comments from Peter Willsohn who believes that the "obscure post office" at Station Road North should be closed. He is ill-qualified to offer an opinion as, within Harpenden, he lives about as far from this post office as it is possible to get.
Far from being obscure, this office is the oldest in the town; it is valued by all residents in East Harpenden and Batford and does a considerable volume of business. Closure would be to the disadvantage of everyone in this part of the town, especially elderly people and those dependent upon hourly bus services. The main post office in Station Road is over a mile from Batford centre.
The support of all local politicians in opposing the closure of the office at Station Road North is welcome.
DR DAVID AYRES,
You may also want to watch:
Batford Road, Harpenden.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire