Valued by all
SIR, — I write in response to last week s comments from Peter Willsohn who believes that the obscure post office at Station Road North should be closed. He is ill-qualified to offer an opinion as, within Harpenden, he lives about as far from this post
SIR, - I write in response to last week's comments from Peter Willsohn who believes that the "obscure post office" at Station Road North should be closed. He is ill-qualified to offer an opinion as, within Harpenden, he lives about as far from this post office as it is possible to get.
Far from being obscure, this office is the oldest in the town; it is valued by all residents in East Harpenden and Batford and does a considerable volume of business. Closure would be to the disadvantage of everyone in this part of the town, especially elderly people and those dependent upon hourly bus services. The main post office in Station Road is over a mile from Batford centre.
The support of all local politicians in opposing the closure of the office at Station Road North is welcome.
DR DAVID AYRES,
You may also want to watch:
Batford Road, Harpenden.
- 1 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 9 baby and toddler groups for St Albans and Harpenden
- 4 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 'Life-changing and life-enhancing' - St Albans woman reveals impact of Duke of Edinburgh award
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire town of Bishop's Stortford
- 8 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 9 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans