SIR, — Re Peter Willsohn s comments in respect of the post office in Batford. He knows little or nothing of the importance that Batford post office has to the local community. It has provided the residents with this valuable service for many, many years a
SIR, - Re Peter Willsohn's comments in respect of the post office in Batford. He knows little or nothing of the importance that Batford post office has to the local community. It has provided the residents with this valuable service for many, many years and the staff who man the said post office are always polite and friendly. If there is to be only one post office in Station Road, Harpenden, I suggest this is the better of the two and the staff are certainly more helpful.
Perhaps he thinks the post office in Southdown is also an irrelevance? Probably not, living in Beesonend it may geographically suit his requirements. I fail to see how anyone who lives on the outskirts of Harpenden can comment on the needs and requirements of the people of Batford.
He states in his letter many Harpenden and Batford locals do not know of this "obscure post office". This is absolutely rubbish - as far as I can remember I have been using this post office since the 1960s, as has every person I know in the area and I have been a resident since 1947.
I would hazard a guess that Mr Willsohn is an immigrant to the area and as most immigrants, has no knowledge of the history and the importance of local facilities.
You may also want to watch:
Lower Luton Road, Harpenden.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street