SIR, — Re Peter Willsohn s comments in respect of the post office in Batford. He knows little or nothing of the importance that Batford post office has to the local community. It has provided the residents with this valuable service for many, many years a
SIR, - Re Peter Willsohn's comments in respect of the post office in Batford. He knows little or nothing of the importance that Batford post office has to the local community. It has provided the residents with this valuable service for many, many years and the staff who man the said post office are always polite and friendly. If there is to be only one post office in Station Road, Harpenden, I suggest this is the better of the two and the staff are certainly more helpful.
Perhaps he thinks the post office in Southdown is also an irrelevance? Probably not, living in Beesonend it may geographically suit his requirements. I fail to see how anyone who lives on the outskirts of Harpenden can comment on the needs and requirements of the people of Batford.
He states in his letter many Harpenden and Batford locals do not know of this "obscure post office". This is absolutely rubbish - as far as I can remember I have been using this post office since the 1960s, as has every person I know in the area and I have been a resident since 1947.
I would hazard a guess that Mr Willsohn is an immigrant to the area and as most immigrants, has no knowledge of the history and the importance of local facilities.
You may also want to watch:
Lower Luton Road, Harpenden.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 5 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 8 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 9 Pupils' brighter walk to school thanks to developer
- 10 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!