Up the junction
SIR - I was so interested to see the final result of Herts County Council Highways Department safety improvement efforts, at a roundabout at the junction at the Harpenden end of Redbourn Lane with the A1081. The task was billed as a safety improvement s
SIR - I was so interested to see the final result of Herts County Council Highways Department 'safety improvement' efforts, at a roundabout at the junction at the Harpenden end of Redbourn Lane with the A1081.
The task was billed as a safety improvement scheme, but what have they done, after the road was closed for a whole week? There is now a large triangle with what looks like a mini garden filled with shrubs. This would have been better entered in a garden show.
It is most definitely NOT an improvement as it is a distraction at a very busy junction. It will also be a safety hazard once the shrubs grow taller - causing a visual obstruction for traffic approaching from the right.
No pat on the back from drivers - nor from tax payers.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 6 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved