Up the junction
SIR - I was so interested to see the final result of Herts County Council Highways Department safety improvement efforts, at a roundabout at the junction at the Harpenden end of Redbourn Lane with the A1081. The task was billed as a safety improvement s
SIR - I was so interested to see the final result of Herts County Council Highways Department 'safety improvement' efforts, at a roundabout at the junction at the Harpenden end of Redbourn Lane with the A1081.
The task was billed as a safety improvement scheme, but what have they done, after the road was closed for a whole week? There is now a large triangle with what looks like a mini garden filled with shrubs. This would have been better entered in a garden show.
It is most definitely NOT an improvement as it is a distraction at a very busy junction. It will also be a safety hazard once the shrubs grow taller - causing a visual obstruction for traffic approaching from the right.
No pat on the back from drivers - nor from tax payers.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 2 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 5 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 6 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 7 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 8 Increase in electric car charging points thanks to new partnership
- 9 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic
- 10 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier