Up the junction
SIR - I was so interested to see the final result of Herts County Council Highways Department safety improvement efforts, at a roundabout at the junction at the Harpenden end of Redbourn Lane with the A1081. The task was billed as a safety improvement s
SIR - I was so interested to see the final result of Herts County Council Highways Department 'safety improvement' efforts, at a roundabout at the junction at the Harpenden end of Redbourn Lane with the A1081.
The task was billed as a safety improvement scheme, but what have they done, after the road was closed for a whole week? There is now a large triangle with what looks like a mini garden filled with shrubs. This would have been better entered in a garden show.
It is most definitely NOT an improvement as it is a distraction at a very busy junction. It will also be a safety hazard once the shrubs grow taller - causing a visual obstruction for traffic approaching from the right.
No pat on the back from drivers - nor from tax payers.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 2 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 3 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 4 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 5 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 6 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 7 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 St Albans GP publishes guide to living
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area