Up the junction
SIR - I was so interested to see the final result of Herts County Council Highways Department safety improvement efforts, at a roundabout at the junction at the Harpenden end of Redbourn Lane with the A1081. The task was billed as a safety improvement s
SIR - I was so interested to see the final result of Herts County Council Highways Department 'safety improvement' efforts, at a roundabout at the junction at the Harpenden end of Redbourn Lane with the A1081.
The task was billed as a safety improvement scheme, but what have they done, after the road was closed for a whole week? There is now a large triangle with what looks like a mini garden filled with shrubs. This would have been better entered in a garden show.
It is most definitely NOT an improvement as it is a distraction at a very busy junction. It will also be a safety hazard once the shrubs grow taller - causing a visual obstruction for traffic approaching from the right.
No pat on the back from drivers - nor from tax payers.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 5 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 6 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 7 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 8 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride