Up the junction
SIR - I was so interested to see the final result of Herts County Council Highways Department safety improvement efforts, at a roundabout at the junction at the Harpenden end of Redbourn Lane with the A1081. The task was billed as a safety improvement s
SIR - I was so interested to see the final result of Herts County Council Highways Department 'safety improvement' efforts, at a roundabout at the junction at the Harpenden end of Redbourn Lane with the A1081.
The task was billed as a safety improvement scheme, but what have they done, after the road was closed for a whole week? There is now a large triangle with what looks like a mini garden filled with shrubs. This would have been better entered in a garden show.
It is most definitely NOT an improvement as it is a distraction at a very busy junction. It will also be a safety hazard once the shrubs grow taller - causing a visual obstruction for traffic approaching from the right.
No pat on the back from drivers - nor from tax payers.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre