SIR, — As a Radlett resident, I read the Herts Advertiser every week. I also run a local recruitment agency, Joblink, and regularly place advertisements in the newspaper. I was horrified to learn that Helioslough are returning with a new application for a
SIR, - As a Radlett resident, I read the Herts Advertiser every week. I also run a local recruitment agency, Joblink, and regularly place advertisements in the newspaper.
I was horrified to learn that Helioslough are returning with a new application for a rail freight depot. Thank you very much for immediately highlighting, in your article of November 13, a proposal which would destroy Park Street and cause gridlock on the road network throughout the St Albans area for years to come.
I have not met a single St Albans/Park Street/Radlett resident who is in favour of this project but I fear some people are still unaware of the huge disruption to the rail network, enormous congestion on the already overstretched roads and destruction to the environment it would cause.
MP Anne Main, together with the resolute support of St Albans District Council, is bravely prepared to fight for St Albans district residents, despite knowing it will be a difficult task with a shortage of funding.
You may also want to watch:
Park Street is clearly a totally-unsuitable site for this depot and should the proposal not be rejected, it will demonstrate to all St Albans constituents that the Labour Government is prepared to sacrifice St Albans to the chaos and destruction this concrete monstrosity would bring.
MRS CLAIRE BOOTH,
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 6 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 7 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 10 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
Beech Avenue, Radlett.