SIR, — As a Radlett resident, I read the Herts Advertiser every week. I also run a local recruitment agency, Joblink, and regularly place advertisements in the newspaper. I was horrified to learn that Helioslough are returning with a new application for a
SIR, - As a Radlett resident, I read the Herts Advertiser every week. I also run a local recruitment agency, Joblink, and regularly place advertisements in the newspaper.
I was horrified to learn that Helioslough are returning with a new application for a rail freight depot. Thank you very much for immediately highlighting, in your article of November 13, a proposal which would destroy Park Street and cause gridlock on the road network throughout the St Albans area for years to come.
I have not met a single St Albans/Park Street/Radlett resident who is in favour of this project but I fear some people are still unaware of the huge disruption to the rail network, enormous congestion on the already overstretched roads and destruction to the environment it would cause.
MP Anne Main, together with the resolute support of St Albans District Council, is bravely prepared to fight for St Albans district residents, despite knowing it will be a difficult task with a shortage of funding.
Park Street is clearly a totally-unsuitable site for this depot and should the proposal not be rejected, it will demonstrate to all St Albans constituents that the Labour Government is prepared to sacrifice St Albans to the chaos and destruction this concrete monstrosity would bring.
MRS CLAIRE BOOTH,
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 5 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 6 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 7 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 8 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 9 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 10 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
Beech Avenue, Radlett.