SIR, — Re your story Councillor cleared (Herts Advertiser, January 22). I felt I had to write in support of St Albans District Council. I feel our MP Anne Main has unfairly attacked the Planning Portfolio Holder Cllr Chris Brazier for doing his job. Wha
SIR, - Re your story "Councillor cleared" (Herts Advertiser, January 22). I felt I had to write in support of St Albans District Council. I feel our MP Anne Main has unfairly attacked the Planning Portfolio Holder Cllr Chris Brazier for doing his job.
What ever prompted our MP to complain about a district councillor doing what he was elected for? He was informing all of us who live in St Albans that a new application was coming in for the rail freight terminal - the biggest application that St Albans has ever had to deal with and it will affect everybody who lives in this area.
Park Street will change overnight if the application is successful and our MP wants restricted meetings to discuss the application and nothing in the Press.
Cllr Brazier was making the briefing meeting open to everybody including politicians from the opposition and local stakeholders including Strife. How can he be undermining her work as an MP? She has a seat in Parliament where she can lobby against the application.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Brazier has a seat in St Albans and all he can do is inform the public of what developments are happening in our area and what we can do to support our council in developing our district for the benefit of all.
Why did our MP want a private meeting? Why did she not want the Press to know? There is war in Afghanistan, a war in Iraq, we are in the worst recession in history and we need our MP working for the residents. We want our councillors working on local issues and not being handcuffed by our MP. Let's work together to stop the rail freight terminal not against one another or the only winner is the developer.
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 4 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 5 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 Property Spotlight: A stunning period conversion in central St Albans
- 7 Footballers rally round with food drive amid pandemic
- 8 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 9 Raise a glass to the local brewers facing up to the challenges of lockdown
- 10 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
I would end by asking how much money this senseless compliant to the Standards Board has cost local tax payers or is the bill being paid out of our MP's expenses?
Park Lane, Colney Heath.