SIR, — Re your story Councillor cleared (Herts Advertiser, January 22). I felt I had to write in support of St Albans District Council. I feel our MP Anne Main has unfairly attacked the Planning Portfolio Holder Cllr Chris Brazier for doing his job. Wha
SIR, - Re your story "Councillor cleared" (Herts Advertiser, January 22). I felt I had to write in support of St Albans District Council. I feel our MP Anne Main has unfairly attacked the Planning Portfolio Holder Cllr Chris Brazier for doing his job.
What ever prompted our MP to complain about a district councillor doing what he was elected for? He was informing all of us who live in St Albans that a new application was coming in for the rail freight terminal - the biggest application that St Albans has ever had to deal with and it will affect everybody who lives in this area.
Park Street will change overnight if the application is successful and our MP wants restricted meetings to discuss the application and nothing in the Press.
Cllr Brazier was making the briefing meeting open to everybody including politicians from the opposition and local stakeholders including Strife. How can he be undermining her work as an MP? She has a seat in Parliament where she can lobby against the application.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Brazier has a seat in St Albans and all he can do is inform the public of what developments are happening in our area and what we can do to support our council in developing our district for the benefit of all.
Why did our MP want a private meeting? Why did she not want the Press to know? There is war in Afghanistan, a war in Iraq, we are in the worst recession in history and we need our MP working for the residents. We want our councillors working on local issues and not being handcuffed by our MP. Let's work together to stop the rail freight terminal not against one another or the only winner is the developer.
- 1 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 2 St Albans named among best UK places to raise a baby
- 3 GP to retire after 52 years in the NHS
- 4 Property Spotlight: A huge family home on a sought-after St Albans street
- 5 Why have police failed to prosecute over destruction of Smallford Pits wildlife site?
- 6 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 7 Hertfordshire estate agency chain acquires local rival
- 8 Youth engagement event marks Stephen Lawrence Day in St Albans
- 9 Housing boom sees St Albans homes earning more than their owners
- 10 Council elections: who are St Albans Labour candidates?
I would end by asking how much money this senseless compliant to the Standards Board has cost local tax payers or is the bill being paid out of our MP's expenses?
Park Lane, Colney Heath.