SIR — We would like to tell your readers about the Citizens Advice campaign on education costs called Adding Up . Parents who feel anxious over finding enough money to pay for school uniform, educational trips and sports equipment may be interested to re
SIR - We would like to tell your readers about the Citizens Advice campaign on education costs called "Adding Up".
Parents who feel anxious over finding enough money to pay for school uniform, educational trips and sports equipment may be interested to read that from September 2008 a new Schools Admission Code says: "Governing bodies should ensure that the uniform chosen is widely available in high-street shops and other retail outlets and internet suppliers rather than an expensive sole supplier."
You can find out more about our campaign at www.citizensadvice.org.uk/education or call in to your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
You may also want to watch:
Social Policy Co-ordinator, St Albans Citizens Advice Bureau.
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 3 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 4 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 5 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 6 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 7 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 10 Prove you’ve had vaccine, say a third of St Albans office workers