SIR, — The improvements to St Albans Abbey station are very welcome and money well spent. However the work has not been finished. A public address system has also been installed and still isn t working. With no other means of finding out what s happened t
SIR, - The improvements to St Albans Abbey station are very welcome and money well spent. However the work has not been finished.
A public address system has also been installed and still isn't working. With no other means of finding out what's happened to trains that don't arrive, it's very frustrating and damaging to the public's confidence in the service.
With one train every 45 minutes. it can make you rather late for work! Luckily it's pretty reliable but occasionally trains don't run due to staff shortages or failure of the level crossing at Watford North.
I'm reliably informed by staff at Watford Junction that Network Rail have not been able to get the public address system working despite requests by London Midland to do so. Lets hope the live information boards will be more reliable when they are installed.
You may also want to watch:
St Helier Road, Sandridge.
- 1 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 2 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings
- 3 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Church roof saved thanks to Lottery grant
- 7 Property Spotlight: A barn conversion in an idyllic rural setting
- 8 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 9 Fantastic Mr Fox rescued from balcony with help of RSPCA
- 10 We're JJAM-ing at new countryside kitchen