SIR, — The improvements to St Albans Abbey station are very welcome and money well spent. However the work has not been finished. A public address system has also been installed and still isn t working. With no other means of finding out what s happened t
SIR, - The improvements to St Albans Abbey station are very welcome and money well spent. However the work has not been finished.
A public address system has also been installed and still isn't working. With no other means of finding out what's happened to trains that don't arrive, it's very frustrating and damaging to the public's confidence in the service.
With one train every 45 minutes. it can make you rather late for work! Luckily it's pretty reliable but occasionally trains don't run due to staff shortages or failure of the level crossing at Watford North.
I'm reliably informed by staff at Watford Junction that Network Rail have not been able to get the public address system working despite requests by London Midland to do so. Lets hope the live information boards will be more reliable when they are installed.
St Helier Road, Sandridge.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire