SIR, — The improvements to St Albans Abbey station are very welcome and money well spent. However the work has not been finished. A public address system has also been installed and still isn t working. With no other means of finding out what s happened t
SIR, - The improvements to St Albans Abbey station are very welcome and money well spent. However the work has not been finished.
A public address system has also been installed and still isn't working. With no other means of finding out what's happened to trains that don't arrive, it's very frustrating and damaging to the public's confidence in the service.
With one train every 45 minutes. it can make you rather late for work! Luckily it's pretty reliable but occasionally trains don't run due to staff shortages or failure of the level crossing at Watford North.
I'm reliably informed by staff at Watford Junction that Network Rail have not been able to get the public address system working despite requests by London Midland to do so. Lets hope the live information boards will be more reliable when they are installed.
You may also want to watch:
St Helier Road, Sandridge.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 4 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 5 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 6 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 7 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 8 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 9 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 10 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic