SIR, — The improvements to St Albans Abbey station are very welcome and money well spent. However the work has not been finished. A public address system has also been installed and still isn t working. With no other means of finding out what s happened t
SIR, - The improvements to St Albans Abbey station are very welcome and money well spent. However the work has not been finished.
A public address system has also been installed and still isn't working. With no other means of finding out what's happened to trains that don't arrive, it's very frustrating and damaging to the public's confidence in the service.
With one train every 45 minutes. it can make you rather late for work! Luckily it's pretty reliable but occasionally trains don't run due to staff shortages or failure of the level crossing at Watford North.
I'm reliably informed by staff at Watford Junction that Network Rail have not been able to get the public address system working despite requests by London Midland to do so. Lets hope the live information boards will be more reliable when they are installed.
You may also want to watch:
St Helier Road, Sandridge.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 9 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 10 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems