SIR, — With reference to Herts County Councillor Chris White s letter (Herts Advertiser, April 10). I am deeply disappointed that this quote from our supplier has been given to the newspaper as it does, as Cllr White says, suggest that some blame could li
SIR, - With reference to Herts County Councillor Chris White's letter (Herts Advertiser, April 10). I am deeply disappointed that this quote from our supplier has been given to the newspaper as it does, as Cllr White says, suggest that some blame could lie with the public and local businesses. It does not and should not have been implied that it did.
Herts Highways did apologise as soon as we realised that the road had been closed without proper notification which happened as a result of a failure in communication within Herts Highways.
Can I too apologise to local people on behalf of the county council that the road was briefly closed without us having followed the correct procedures and made local people aware, and furthermore apologise for the inappropriate comment to the press from AmeyLafarge.
I can assure Cllr White that I have made the managers of Herts Highways and AmeyLafarge aware that this is completely unacceptable.
You may also want to watch:
CLLR STUART PILE,
Herts County Council Executive Member for Highways. Transport and |Rural Affairs.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant
- 10 8 countries added to UK green travel list